PizzaExpress is a Breastfeeding Friendly Hotspot
June 20, 2015
In its search for the UK’s Breastfeeding Friendly Hotspots, Medela UK has revealed that PizzaExpress is leading the way with its family friendly approach. Research carried out by the experts in breastfeeding, found that waiting staff, “…demonstrated a remarkable level of support for breastfeeding mothers with faultless feedback from the staff…”
Commenting on the results, Zoe Bowley, Operations Director at PizzaExpress, said, “We know that, when mums are negotiating so many new challenges, a warm welcome can make the biggest difference.”
Sioned Hilton, Medela’s Lactation Consultant, added, “We are often asked for tips when breastfeeding out and about and, although many women are quite rightly proud and confident when feeding their baby, others do feel self-conscious. It is for this reason we decided to find the most welcoming places for breastfeeding mums, and commend PizzaExpress and its team members on such a family friendly approach.”
June 5, 2015
We want you to be part of our 50th birthday celebrations! Introducing #PizzaExpressMoments. Do you have a photo of a memorable experience you had at one of our restaurants? It could be a great birthday party you enjoyed with some pizza; end of exams stress relieving pizza; happy engagement pizza; anniversary pizza… the list is endless! All you need to do is share a photo of the occasion with us using #PizzaExpressMoments on either Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Your image might be used as part of our marketing campaign later in the year – but of course, not without your explicit permission.
So get uploading and, if we like your picture, we’ll be in touch!
PizzaExpress ‘#PizzaExpressMoments’ photo use Terms and Conditions
Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions, and agreed to be bound by them, when entering this Competition.
Who may Enter
- This Competition (#PizzaExpressMoments) is open to residents of Great Britain aged 18 or over. You’ll need an Instagram, Twitter or Facebook account to take part.
- Employees (or family members of employees) of any group company of the Promoter, companies associated with the Competition and all affiliates of such companies may not enter this Competition.
How to Enter
- To take part in this Competition, simply take a photo or upload an old photo of a memorable moment you’ve experienced in a PizzaExpress restaurant.
- Your entry must not include people for whom you do not have the permission to take a picture for your Competition entry. Where your picture includes people under the age of 18 years, you must have the permission of their parent or guardian to do so.
- The Competition is open from 10:00am on Saturday 5th June 2015 until midnight on Tuesday 23rd June 2015.
- In the first instance, winners will be notified via the social media platform through which they entered the Competition. Subsequently, the Promoter will ask the winner to contact them at an address that will be provided to them by the Promoter.
- By entering the Competition, entrants agree that the Promoter has exclusive and unreserved rights to use their entries in any publicity materials subsequent to the Competition. Furthermore, by entering the Competition, all entrants agree that the Promoter has exclusive and unreserved rights to use their entries in any promotional activity during the running of the Competition.
- The prize is the use of your photograph on promotional material that will appear in PizzaExpress restaurants. The prize must be accepted as awarded. No substitutions, refunds, transfers, or cash equivalent payment will be allowed.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its reasonable control. There is no cash alternative to the prize and unless the Promoter agrees otherwise in writing the prizes are non-refundable and non- transferable.
- If a winner is not able, for any reason, to accept a prize, or cannot be contacted by the Promoter within seven (7) days of the first attempt to notify them, the Promoter then reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
- The Competition winner will be selected by a panel of judges. The Judges’ decision regarding the winning entries is final and binding in all respects on all competition entrants and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There are certain things for which the Promoter does not accept any liability to you, and these are explained in the next two paragraphs. The law does not allow the Promoter to exclude or limit its liability for some things, such as death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or loss caused by a false statement where the statement is made fraudulently by the Promoter. The Promoter accepts full liability for these matters. Otherwise, the exclusions of liability described in paragraphs 13 and 14 will apply. References to the “Promoter” in these paragraphs (13, 14 and 15) include all of the Promoter’s associated companies, agents or any other third party involved in the delivery of the Competition.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for (and will have no liability in connection with) the following occurrences, to the extent that they occur for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control:
- a. any postponement or cancellation of the Competition;
- b. any changes to prize or the way in which it can be used;
- c. any problems with the dispatch of the prize (such as prize failing to reach the intended recipient) or the subsequent enjoyment of the prize;
- d. any act or default of any third party supplier.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, and hardware or software failure of any kind, which may affect the sending, receipt or processing of your entry.
- Entries must not be made through agents or third parties. Incomplete entries will be disqualified and will not be included.
- The Promoters’ and judges’ decision will be final and binding in all respects on all entries. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these Terms and Conditions will be disqualified.
- Please note that this Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. By entering into this Competition, you acknowledge that Facebook, Instagram and Twitter have no responsibility for this Competition and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, you release Facebook, Instagram and Twitter from any liability whatsoever in connection with this Competition.
- If the Promoter has grounds to suspect any entrant of cheating, deception, fraudulent or unsportsman-like conduct of any kind (including, without limitation, manipulating the Competition, choice of any prize winner or any entry), the Promoter reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to disqualify any entrant, entry or person it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
- Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud and in so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter (including its associated companies, officers, employees and agents) exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising to entrants or otherwise as a result of the Competition; whether direct, indirect, special or consequential loss, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any claim or entry that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- any tax liability incurred by the entrant; or
- use of the reward. The Promoter (including its associated companies, officers, employees and agents) shall not be liable for any postponement, cancellation, delay, changes to the Competition or failure to fulfil it’s obligations where such failure is caused by any supervening event of force majeure, meaning any event(s) outside the reasonable control of the Promoter (including without limitation the act or default of any third party supplier).
- The winner agrees to allow the Promoter to use their name and submitted entries for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration during and after this Competition.
English Law applies
- This Competition, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it (including the prize), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Competition (including the prize).
- The ‘Promoter’ is PizzaExpress, Hunton House, Highbridge Estate, Oxford Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1LX
- The Promoter claims full and unreserved copyright to all Competition entries without exception.
Summer specials now on the menu!
June 2, 2015
It’s the time of year where you wake up in the morning and it could be raining/sunny/blazing hot/freezing cold/cloudy. Yes, the British summer is here! And we have two new dishes and a very summery drink now on the menu….
Proscuitto Fichi: created by Tomas Jurkiewski, a pizzaiolo from PizzaExpress’ Victoria Square restaurant in Belfast.
His elegant dish is served on a thin and crispy Romana base with creamy béchamel sauce, and topped with mozzarella and grated Gran Milano. Fresh out of the oven, it’s topped with rocket and perfectly ripened figs, marinated in balsamic vinegar, which beautifully complement delicate slices of prosciutto crudo. A sprinkle of fresh parsley, shavings of Gran Milano, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and fresh basil finish the dish.
The judges, who selected Tomas’ pizza as part of an internal competition, liked the combination of figs and prosciutto so much, that a salad version of the dish has also been created. The Fichi Fresci uses the same, delicious combination of prosciutto crudo and fresh figs, marinated in balsamic vinegar. They are placed on a bed of seasonal leaves with red onion, creamy buffalo mozzarella, basil, parsley, pine kernels and a drizzle of PizzaExpress’ Honey & Mustard Dressing. The salad is served with a portion our Dough Balls.
And finally, Pimms! The taste of summer.
Like what you see? Book a table here: po.st/PEBookATable