PizzaExpress has once again teamed up with the Dallaglio Cycle Slam – the charity bike ride taking place in June to raise funds for charities across the UK. Fronted by sporting legend – former England Rugby captain and World Cup winner, Lawrence Dallaglio – he will lead a team of over 300 riders on the journey of 2300km.
Spanning across 19 days, the Dallaglio Cycle Slam will be set over four stages. Kicking off in Treviso, the journey will take the riders through Italy, across the Swiss Alps, and through France, before reaching London on 24th June. Each Cycle Slam rider is expected to raise in excess of £3,000 to support Lawrence in reaching the fundraising goal of £1,000,000.
All of the money raised will support some fantastic British causes through the Dallaglio Foundation which include social inclusion programmes for vulnerable young people. Alongside this work, the Dallaglio Foundation has recently joined forces with the Teenage Cancer Trust – the only UK charity dedicated to improving the quality of life and chances of survival for the seven young people aged between 13 and 24 diagnosed with cancer every day.
Several members from the PizzaExpress team are taking part in the Cycle Slam and we will give you all the gossip and behind the scene updates on the action when the event kicks off in June.
PizzaExpress made a donation of £340,000 during the last Slam, and this time round, with the help of team members and customers, the company is looking to raise even more. A donation of 25p will be made to the charity from the sale of every American Hot pizza, and all 430 PizzaExpress restaurants across the country will be holding their own events to help raise money for good causes.
It’s never easy coming back to work after the Easter break. All those phone calls to take, emails to catch up on… well, it can be difficult to focus. We want to make one lucky winner’s life a bit easier by giving you a complimentary lunch at PizzaExpress. To enter: 1. CLICK HERE to go to our Facebook post 2. Take a snap of yourself and/or colleagues looking busy at work and pop it in the comments section of our Facebook post 3. The photo that we judge to be the funniest will WIN a lunch on us! Good luck!
Win: there is a gift card to the value of £100 to be won.
The competition begins on April 22nd 2014 and ends on April 24th 2014; the winner will be contacted after April 24th 2014. Entries will be judged on quality, originality and creativity. The winner will be contacted on Facebook with instructions on how to claim their prize within three working days of the end of the Promotion Period. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their Facebook account during this period to check if they are a winner. The winner will then need to confirm they would like to accept their prize by following the details on the message within two days of the Promoter’s initial public message. No cash alternative or alternative prize is available.
Win: there is one gift card to the value of £500 to give away and one Twitter user who has answered the question correctly will be selected at random to receive the prize.
Terms and conditions: Entrants must take part in the competition on Twitter using the hash tag #springpizza with an answer to the question. The competition closes on 9 April 2014 at 23:59 BST and the one winner who has answered the question correctly will be selected at random after this time. The winner can claim their prize by replying to the direct message sent by PizzaExpress via Twitter. The winner has 7 days after being contacted to claim their prize. Prizes will be sent via special delivery, PizzaExpress are not responsible for any loss/ damage during transport. No cash alternative or alternative prize is available.
A new survey by PizzaExpress reveals workers in the UK are juggling a busy work life with the briefest of breaks, pausing for lunch at 12.41pm and returning to their desks just 33 minutes later at 1.14pm*.
The survey into the lunch habits of full-time workers in the UK comes as we trial a new Express Lunch menu in selected restaurants, with a specially created menu that makes it quick and affordable to take a break**.
Dietitian, Juliette Kellow, has created a series for top tips to make sure workers are getting the most out of lunch and says, “It’s really important to stop for lunch. It doesn’t have to be a full hour but eating the right things at the right time of day makes us much more able to cope with the stresses and strains of work. Even if you nip out for 15 minutes and grab a salad and some Dough Balls to eat back at base, then you’re on the right track.
JULIETTE’S TOP TIPS FOR GETTING THE MOST OUT OF YOUR AFTERNOON
* DON’T SKIP LUNCH: Even if you can’t take a full hour it’s really important to make time for lunch. By investing just a tiny fraction of our day into eating a proper lunch, you’ll be more productive in the afternoon. Plus it means you won’t be starving by the end of the day and ready to raid the fridge or biscuit tin the minute you get home from work. It also means you’re less likely to overeat at dinner because you’re so hungry.
* DO THE LUNCHTIME MATHS: Most nutritionists recommend lunch provides around 30 per cent of our daily calories. This means if you want to keep your weight steady, lunch should contain around 600 calories1; and if you want to lose weight, it should provide around 450 calories2. This may sound a lot but many pre-packed sandwiches and salads can easily have more than this – and that’s before even adding that chocolate brownie, packet of crisps or drink!
* HEAD OUT FOR LUNCH: Leaving the workplace at lunchtime is an easy win for boosting activity levels and getting closer to the recommended 10,000 steps we should take each day.3 Plus a change of surroundings gives our brains a break from work so that we feel refreshed and ready to take on the afternoon’s tasks. While time and money are perceived barriers for some people, if you pick carefully, eating out at lunchtime can be quick, inexpensive and, what’s more, nutritionally balanced. PizzaExpress has a speedy new lunch menu which starts at £3.45 and boasts 17 dishes with fewer than 500 calories.
* EAT MINDFULLY AND FOCUS ON YOUR FOOD: Even if you go out to buy lunch then eat it back at the office, get together with colleagues and enjoy lunch away from your desk. Eating in front of your computer means you’re more likely to be focused on the screen rather than your food – and that’s not good for your waistline – so be sociable!
* MUNCH ON LUNCH TO BOOST YOUR 5-A-DAY: Nutrition experts recommend having five portions of fruit and veg each day and lunchtime provides the perfect opportunity to have a couple of these. Salads are a great choice for boosting your intake and if you’re going to have a sandwich, make sure it contains plenty of salad – then finish your meal with a piece of fruit.
* DON’T SKIP CARBS: Rather than skimping on them, most nutritionists recommend starchy foods should make up about a third of the food we eat.4
* DRINK TO THINK: Being even mildly dehydrated can cause tiredness, making it harder to get through a hectic afternoon of work so make sure you include a drink at lunchtime.
Tell @PizzaExpress what you think of our new lunch menu with #escapeforlunch.
[*All stats, unless otherwise stated, taken from research carried out by OnePoll on behalf of PizzaExpress between 07.03.14 and 11.03.14 among 1,000 UK adults in full-time employment, working regular office hours **Available in selected PizzaExpress restaurants in:
We’re so excited by the launch of our new Spring collection, we’re giving away three PizzaExpress gift cards to celebrate! We love looking at your photos tagged with #pizzaexpress and have noticed that many of you look very stylish in them. Now we want to reward our fashionista followers. To enter: 1. Follow PizzaExpress on Instagram @pizzaexpress_uk 2. Take a snap of yourself of your friends looking fabulous at one of our restaurants using #pizzafashionista 3. The three photos that we judge to be the most quiche will WIN a £30 gift voucher for the Instagram user who posted it!
Win: there are three £30 gift cards to giveaway and three Instagram users will be selected to win one card each.
The competition begins on April 2nd 2014 and ends on April 11th 2014; the winner will be contacted after April 11th 2014. Entries will be judged on quality, originality and creativity. The winner will be contacted on Instagram with instructions on how to claim their prize within three working days of the end of the Promotion Period. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their Instagram account during this period to check if they are a winner. The winner will then need to confirm they would like to accept their prize by following the details on the public message within two days of the Promoter’s initial public message. No cash alternative or alternative prize is available.
To celebrate the arrival of Spring, we have launched a new menu which boasts classic Italian style and fashionable flavours, perfect for the new season, as well as a wider range of low-calorie Leggera dishes which all contain fewer than 500 calories.
There are 10 new dishes including four new gluten-free options and a cheese-free pizza that is suitable for vegans.
PizzaExpress today announces the biggest ever change to our menu with a range of delicious dishes created especially for lunchtime in selected restaurants from today, April 1 2014. From tasty soups to perfectly proportioned pizzas, the new menu has been designed to give busy people an excuse to escape for a quick and inexpensive lunch. The range is bursting with tasty new choices as well as lunchtime-sized versions of the old favourites. Click here to find a restaurant serving our Express Lunch near you.
Let us know what you think of our new lunch menu with #escapeforlunch or contact us on our Facebook page. Here are just some of the all-new dishes for you to try!
Happy birthday to number one Calabrese fan, Ed Sheeran! We've created him an epic 2.4 ft tall birthday cake, made entirely from the ingredients featured on Ed's favourite PizzaExpress pizza, of which Ed said on Twitter: "If it 'aint Calabrese, I 'aint interested."
The 'Ed-Abrese' consists of five spicy layers; all of which contain nods to Ed's career, including a layer of spicy sausage and red and yellow peppers dedicated to his album, 'Multiply', and one layer depicting the singer's iconic Martin classical guitar in dough.
The cake is finished with bespoke Peppadew pepper birthday candles and a layer of Gran Milano cheese. Delicious!
You can now book a table quickly and easily using our Messenger pizza chatbot 🍕🤖! Give it a try: m.me/pizzaexpress
Our new PizzaExpress iPhone app gives you everything you need to make your PizzaExpress experience even easier and faster, all in the palm of your hand. You can even pay your bill on your phone with PayPal.