September 3, 2015
PizzaExpress today announces changes to its tipping policy. From 6th October, the 8% administration fee on tips made by electronic card payment will be removed. This follows the introduction of a new automated system to distribute tips across the company’s 430 UK restaurants, employing 10,000 people.
The automated system has been developed over the last six months and is being launched following pilot trials to avoid any potential implementation issues. It replaces the more labour intensive manual procedure used to help redistribute tips among staff and to meet the company’s tax and legal obligations to HMRC.
Tips made on electronic card payments will now to be fully distributed among employees as agreed by the company’s Tronc committee. Currently, this independent group elects to give 30 per cent of card-based tips to cleaners, pizzaiolos and other kitchen staff; with the remaining 70 per cent going to the individual waiter as a reward for great customer service.
Richard Hodgson, CEO of PizzaExpress said: “We recognise that our team members are critical to delivering the fantastic customer experience that PizzaExpress has built over many years. As a leader in the casual-dining industry, we’re committed to best practice and to ensuring that our people are properly rewarded for the valuable contribution they make to our business.
“We have always been, and will continue to be, transparent about our tipping policies. We also agree with calls for greater clarity across the industry in order to ensure that staff are given a fair deal, and to enable customers to make an informed choice when it comes to tipping.
“We want people to recognise that this is a company that values employees and offers long-term opportunities. I’m committed to ensuring that we continue to work on improving the image of our sector, and to ensure we appeal to talented, ambitious people with the right mix of skills. We are playing our part by investing heavily in apprenticeships and the creation of 2,500 new jobs over the next few years; and we welcome the Government’s decision on the Living Wage which we will be adopting in full.”
September 3, 2015
If you love our restaurant food you will also love the products we have available in supermarkets nationwide. And for a limited time only, purchase a pizza and win a prize! All you have to do is go to your local supermarket and buy a PizzaExpress pizza. Yep, it really is that easy.
Amongst the prizes are…
* A brand new car
* £5,000 cash
* A pizza party for you and 5 pals
* A 2 course meal in a PizzaExpress restaurant of your choice
* A free pizza in a PizzaExpress restaurant of your choice
And don’t forget we also sell many more products in supermarkets from our iconic Dough Balls to Britain’s number 1 salad dressing. Good luck!
August 11, 2015
Restaurant, dish and date restrictions apply; please check the terms and conditions below for more details.
1. This offer is available all day on Thursday 13 August 2015.
2. This offer entitles you to two main courses for the price of one. The cheapest items will be discounted from your bill and any extra toppings are chargeable (ask your waiter for more details). Our Piccolo menu cannot be used as a main course option for this promotion, but any child in your party is welcome to enjoy our Piccolo menu whilst you claim this offer.
3. This offer is valid for dine in only. This offer is not valid for takeaway orders or our Click & Collect or Delivery service.
4. You cannot use this offer in conjunction with any other promotion or set menu, including – but not limited to – Tesco or Nectar vouchers/ codes, NUS extra, or Tastecard.
5. Just mention this deal to your waiter before you place your order to use it.
6. This offer is not available in PizzaExpress Ashford McArthur Glen, Brent Cross, Olympia, and Stratford Westfield or at PizzaExpress Jazz Clubs, music rooms or pop-up restaurants. This offer is not available in Baker Street, Fulham restaurants, The O2, Twickenham, and Wembley when a sports or entertainment event is taking place nearby.
7. Promoter Head Office: PizzaExpress, Hunton House, Highbridge Estate, Oxford Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1LX.
August 10, 2015
- Free Dough Balls ‘PizzaExpress’ for our social media fans on exam results day –
- All day on Thursday 20th August -
Whatever you exam results on Thursday, enjoy free Dough Balls on PizzaExpress if you add ‘pizzaexpressuk’ on Snapchat!
On Thursday 20th August, we’re rewarding Snapchat users with the chance to enjoy a free portion of Dough Balls.
This offer does not apply to Dough Balls Formaggi or Dough Balls Doppio. Full terms and conditions, as well as exclusions, included below.
Thursday 20th August, across all UK PizzaExpress Restaurants
To claim a free portion of Dough Balls customers will need to visit their local PizzaExpress restaurant on Thursday 20th August and show a team member a screenshot of a Snap informing them that they can have a free portion of Dough Balls. The Snap will be on our Snapchat channel from 11am on Thursday 20th August. This promotion is valid for takeaway (no additional purchase necessary) or eat in (with the purchase of a main course).
Terms & Conditions:
- On Tuesday Thursday 20th August, customers can claim one free serving of Dough Balls ‘PizzaExpress’ at any PizzaExpress restaurant in the UK.
- You just need to show a team member a Snap that will be sent out from the ‘pizzaexpressuk’ channel on Thursday.
- Offer open to individuals aged 15 or over
- Maximum of one serving per person.
- Offer excludes Dough Balls Doppio and Dough Balls Formaggi.
- Offer cannot be transferred or substituted, and no cash alternative will be offered.
- Customers can redeem the offer via takeaway (no additional purchase necessary) or eat in (with the purchase of a main course), and take advantage of any other current PizzaExpress offers including Tesco and Nectar vouchers/codes for which they are eligible.
June 20, 2015
In its search for the UK’s Breastfeeding Friendly Hotspots, Medela UK has revealed that PizzaExpress is leading the way with its family friendly approach. Research carried out by the experts in breastfeeding, found that waiting staff, “…demonstrated a remarkable level of support for breastfeeding mothers with faultless feedback from the staff…”
Commenting on the results, Zoe Bowley, Operations Director at PizzaExpress, said, “We know that, when mums are negotiating so many new challenges, a warm welcome can make the biggest difference.”
Sioned Hilton, Medela’s Lactation Consultant, added, “We are often asked for tips when breastfeeding out and about and, although many women are quite rightly proud and confident when feeding their baby, others do feel self-conscious. It is for this reason we decided to find the most welcoming places for breastfeeding mums, and commend PizzaExpress and its team members on such a family friendly approach.”
June 5, 2015
We want you to be part of our 50th birthday celebrations! Introducing #PizzaExpressMoments. Do you have a photo of a memorable experience you had at one of our restaurants? It could be a great birthday party you enjoyed with some pizza; end of exams stress relieving pizza; happy engagement pizza; anniversary pizza… the list is endless! All you need to do is share a photo of the occasion with us using #PizzaExpressMoments on either Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Your image might be used as part of our marketing campaign later in the year – but of course, not without your explicit permission.
So get uploading and, if we like your picture, we’ll be in touch!
PizzaExpress ‘#PizzaExpressMoments’ photo use Terms and Conditions
Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions, and agreed to be bound by them, when entering this Competition.
Who may Enter
- This Competition (#PizzaExpressMoments) is open to residents of Great Britain aged 18 or over. You’ll need an Instagram, Twitter or Facebook account to take part.
- Employees (or family members of employees) of any group company of the Promoter, companies associated with the Competition and all affiliates of such companies may not enter this Competition.
How to Enter
- To take part in this Competition, simply take a photo or upload an old photo of a memorable moment you’ve experienced in a PizzaExpress restaurant.
- Your entry must not include people for whom you do not have the permission to take a picture for your Competition entry. Where your picture includes people under the age of 18 years, you must have the permission of their parent or guardian to do so.
- The Competition is open from 10:00am on Saturday 5th June 2015 until midnight on Tuesday 23rd June 2015.
- In the first instance, winners will be notified via the social media platform through which they entered the Competition. Subsequently, the Promoter will ask the winner to contact them at an address that will be provided to them by the Promoter.
- By entering the Competition, entrants agree that the Promoter has exclusive and unreserved rights to use their entries in any publicity materials subsequent to the Competition. Furthermore, by entering the Competition, all entrants agree that the Promoter has exclusive and unreserved rights to use their entries in any promotional activity during the running of the Competition.
- The prize is the use of your photograph on promotional material that will appear in PizzaExpress restaurants. The prize must be accepted as awarded. No substitutions, refunds, transfers, or cash equivalent payment will be allowed.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its reasonable control. There is no cash alternative to the prize and unless the Promoter agrees otherwise in writing the prizes are non-refundable and non- transferable.
- If a winner is not able, for any reason, to accept a prize, or cannot be contacted by the Promoter within seven (7) days of the first attempt to notify them, the Promoter then reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
- The Competition winner will be selected by a panel of judges. The Judges’ decision regarding the winning entries is final and binding in all respects on all competition entrants and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There are certain things for which the Promoter does not accept any liability to you, and these are explained in the next two paragraphs. The law does not allow the Promoter to exclude or limit its liability for some things, such as death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or loss caused by a false statement where the statement is made fraudulently by the Promoter. The Promoter accepts full liability for these matters. Otherwise, the exclusions of liability described in paragraphs 13 and 14 will apply. References to the “Promoter” in these paragraphs (13, 14 and 15) include all of the Promoter’s associated companies, agents or any other third party involved in the delivery of the Competition.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for (and will have no liability in connection with) the following occurrences, to the extent that they occur for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control:
- a. any postponement or cancellation of the Competition;
- b. any changes to prize or the way in which it can be used;
- c. any problems with the dispatch of the prize (such as prize failing to reach the intended recipient) or the subsequent enjoyment of the prize;
- d. any act or default of any third party supplier.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, and hardware or software failure of any kind, which may affect the sending, receipt or processing of your entry.
- Entries must not be made through agents or third parties. Incomplete entries will be disqualified and will not be included.
- The Promoters’ and judges’ decision will be final and binding in all respects on all entries. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these Terms and Conditions will be disqualified.
- Please note that this Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. By entering into this Competition, you acknowledge that Facebook, Instagram and Twitter have no responsibility for this Competition and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, you release Facebook, Instagram and Twitter from any liability whatsoever in connection with this Competition.
- If the Promoter has grounds to suspect any entrant of cheating, deception, fraudulent or unsportsman-like conduct of any kind (including, without limitation, manipulating the Competition, choice of any prize winner or any entry), the Promoter reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to disqualify any entrant, entry or person it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
- Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud and in so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter (including its associated companies, officers, employees and agents) exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising to entrants or otherwise as a result of the Competition; whether direct, indirect, special or consequential loss, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any claim or entry that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- any tax liability incurred by the entrant; or
- use of the reward. The Promoter (including its associated companies, officers, employees and agents) shall not be liable for any postponement, cancellation, delay, changes to the Competition or failure to fulfil it’s obligations where such failure is caused by any supervening event of force majeure, meaning any event(s) outside the reasonable control of the Promoter (including without limitation the act or default of any third party supplier).
- The winner agrees to allow the Promoter to use their name and submitted entries for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration during and after this Competition.
English Law applies
- This Competition, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it (including the prize), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Competition (including the prize).
- The ‘Promoter’ is PizzaExpress, Hunton House, Highbridge Estate, Oxford Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1LX
- The Promoter claims full and unreserved copyright to all Competition entries without exception.
June 2, 2015
It’s the time of year where you wake up in the morning and it could be raining/sunny/blazing hot/freezing cold/cloudy. Yes, the British summer is here! And we have two new dishes and a very summery drink now on the menu….
Proscuitto Fichi: created by Tomas Jurkiewski, a pizzaiolo from PizzaExpress’ Victoria Square restaurant in Belfast.
His elegant dish is served on a thin and crispy Romana base with creamy béchamel sauce, and topped with mozzarella and grated Gran Milano. Fresh out of the oven, it’s topped with rocket and perfectly ripened figs, marinated in balsamic vinegar, which beautifully complement delicate slices of prosciutto crudo. A sprinkle of fresh parsley, shavings of Gran Milano, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and fresh basil finish the dish.
The judges, who selected Tomas’ pizza as part of an internal competition, liked the combination of figs and prosciutto so much, that a salad version of the dish has also been created. The Fichi Fresci uses the same, delicious combination of prosciutto crudo and fresh figs, marinated in balsamic vinegar. They are placed on a bed of seasonal leaves with red onion, creamy buffalo mozzarella, basil, parsley, pine kernels and a drizzle of PizzaExpress’ Honey & Mustard Dressing. The salad is served with a portion our Dough Balls.
And finally, Pimms! The taste of summer.
Like what you see? Book a table here: po.st/PEBookATable
May 27, 2015
You’re being super healthy this summer but you’re bored of eating salads. Sound familiar?
Fear not, we can add some excitement to your lunchtime with our delicious salad dressings! We’re giving away PizzaExpress gift cards and a hampers of our famous dressings this summer and answering your SOS to #SaveOurSalad.
Win: We have five x £50 gift cards to giveaway + 5 x PizzaExpress dressings range to five winners.
The competition begins on Wednesday 27th May and ends on Monday 1st June at 9pm; the winners will be contacted on Facebook. We will choose winners randomly from the valid entries we receive. The winner will be contacted on Facebook with instructions on how to claim their prize within three working days of the end of the Promotion Period. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their Facebook account during this period to check if they are a winner. The winner will then need to confirm they would like to accept their prize by following the details on the message within two days of the Promoter’s initial public message. By submitting your entry, you are giving PizzaExpress permission to use your image within emails sent by the company. No cash alternative or alternative prize is available.
Promoter Head Office: PizzaExpress, Hunton House, Highbridge Estate, Oxford Road, Uxbridge, UB8 1LX.
May 8, 2015
PizzaExpress is proudly supporting Coeliac Awareness Week, which runs from 11-17 May. Coeliac UK estimates there are half a million people in the UK who are living with undiagnosed coeliac disease. Throughout the week, the Charity will be asking people, “Is it coeliac disease?”. The Charity is highlighting the range of symptoms associated with coeliac disease and launching a website with an online assessment that will help people find out if they’re at risk of coeliac disease. To find out more about the campaign and Awareness Week activities go to www.coeliac.org.uk/awarenessweek2015.
From 11-17 May, Coeliac UK members who subscribe to the eXG newsletter can get two gluten-free courses for £11.95 at PizzaExpress. Members planning to enjoy PizzaExpress’ extensive gluten-free range should print off the exclusive voucher included in the latest eXG email and present their membership card to their waiter. Full terms and conditions below.
Terms and conditions
Restaurant, dish and date exclusions apply; please check the terms and conditions below for more details.
1. This offer is available every day from 11th – 17th May 2015 inclusive when you dine in only.
2. Valid for eat in only. This is not valid on Click & Collect or for takeaway collections from your local PizzaExpress restaurant.
3. Please bring your email with you when you visit the restaurant and show to your waiter before you order and when asking for your bill.
4. This offer entitles you to a starter and a main course for £11.95 from the gluten-free items in our menu. The cheapest options will be discounted and any extra toppings are chargeable (ask your waiter for more details).
5. Only gluten-free items are included in this offer. These cannot be swapped for any other items on our menus.
6. You cannot use this offer in conjunction with any other promotion or set menu, including but not limited to Tesco and Nectar vouchers/codes and Lunch Specials.
7. Only one email is required per table/bill.
8. This offer is not available in PizzaExpress Ashford McArthur Glen, Brent Cross Shopping Centre, Olympia, Canary Wharf or at PizzaExpress Jazz Clubs, music rooms or pop-up restaurants.
9. This offer is not available in Fulham restaurants, Twickenham, Baker Street, Wembley (when there is a sporting or entertainment event at Wembley Stadium) or The O2 when a sports or entertainment event is taking place nearby.
Promoter Head Office: PizzaExpress, Hunton House, Highbridge Estate, Oxford Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1LX
April 1, 2015
You can enjoy your favourite PizzaExpress salads at home, why not try creating our new Primavera salad:
1. Mix together in a bowl: Smoky Ham hock, Seasonal mixed leaves & rocket, Basil pesto, Avocado, Free range egg, Petit pois
2. To Finish the salad: Top with PizzaExpress House Light Dressing and chopped fresh parsley
3. Pizzaiolo tip: Why not try steamed green beans or tender stem broccoli , we also love this salad with watercress for a peppery taste
Our famous restaurant dressings are available in supermarkets nationwide. Buy a bottle here: http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=254849578